Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my many sins; to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations; to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor the gifts I have received from God, to work methodically, peacefully, and in moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from it through weariness or difficulty to work; above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness, having unceasingly before my eyes death and the account I have to render of time lost, talents unused, good not done, and vain complacency in success, so baneful to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all to imitate thee, O patriarch St. Joseph! This shall be my motto for life and eternity. - Prayer of Pius X

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Catechesis with the Catechist


Disciples in training.

4 comments:

Adam VW said...

I like these kinds of moments so much more than when he's crawling under the pews. ...K, I mean.

Colin said...

I hope Lent is working on my belly. Man that thing is big.

__REV__ said...

Coming from an evangelical perspective, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what that picture is, what the two are doing, or what on earth what they're doing has to do with discipleship.

Help!!!!!

REV

Adam VW said...

Good questions. A little more context would have been nice, eh? The picture is of my three-year-old and Colin lighting the candles in front of a Trinitarian icon (Rublev's Icon, I believe) before Evening Prayer (hereafter "EP"). The discipleship comes from my son's daily being there for EP (i.e., his being formed in how to pray,the importance of prayer, and caring for the poor) and his learning to light the candles with Colin (i.e., through his participation in the Church's liturgical acts of prayer more broadly). The picture itself only captures that latter action, but the tag line I included has the whole of the above in mind. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.