Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my many sins; to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations; to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor the gifts I have received from God, to work methodically, peacefully, and in moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from it through weariness or difficulty to work; above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness, having unceasingly before my eyes death and the account I have to render of time lost, talents unused, good not done, and vain complacency in success, so baneful to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all to imitate thee, O patriarch St. Joseph! This shall be my motto for life and eternity. - Prayer of Pius X

Thursday, April 9, 2009

36 Hours In

Relatively little has changed.

JR has talked to the hospital several times and they have confirmed that he is still at the ER. Yesterday there were no rooms available at Regional Psychiatric Hospital, so they may be waiting for one to open up.

The last we heard he was being uncooperative. C did a stint at the regional facility a few years ago, and he still bears the scars. I'm sure he is terrified of going back, but he also won't put on a show for anybody, no matter what the cost.

On this day we remember the Institution of the Eucharist, our Lord's sharing of his very body with us. Let us remember also Concrete today, who has taught us Christ not just in his poverty, but by sharing everything he ever had.

Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.

2 comments:

Adam VW said...

You guys thinking what I'm thinking?
...That's right, baby. Jail break.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty ready for some sort of substantial answer to be given from the powers that be as to why this mess is being allowed to continue.

Maggie said...

Praying for Concrete. Thanks for all you do for him.